My Eldest Son's Girlfriend

This article was originally posted on September 20, 2011 

It was my eldest son who found K's body in the house when he came home from work that day. When he left for work in the morning, K was still sleeping in his bed. He is the one who found K's cold body.....

All the way until the funeral, my eldest son cried furiously screaming, "Poor K! Poor K!", "Why did you leave me behind? Don't leave me, K!" It broke my heart completely seeing him shaking K's casket as if he had been trying to wake his little brother up....

After their parents divorced, they, together, built a strong support system. Of course they fought sometimes, but were always there for each other.

I apologized to him for their heart aches our divorce possibly caused. He said it was not my fault...

After the funeral, my eldest boy went back to work, however, he seemed detached from himself. He later confessed to me he lost motivations for anything.

I was terrified of the thought that I might lose this one too.....

I thought and thought what would be life purpose for the 22 year-old. Since then, I started to ask K to find a perfect girlfriend for his big brother. I knew he needed a partner who would embrace his pain.

Recently, he did find a girlfriend who is his colleague and of his age. He seems perky and lively again! I was very happy to hear the great news, but at the same time, worried if he has been able to tell her about K's death by suicide. In Japan, suicide is  a very taboo and stigmatized subject probably more so than in the United States.

Against my fears, he came home one day and nonchalantly said, "My girlfriend is more interested in K's Clover Signs than I am!" He told her everything about K's recent passing, and she was very touched by the Clover Sign story!

I said to him, "Good job! I am so happy for you!" But, he had even more amazing news for me!

His and his girlfriend's First Names consist of three Japanese Kanji characters. By the way, there are 1850 modern Kanji Characters. Guess what! His last Kanji and Her last Kanji make K's First Name, his two exact Kanji characters! I do not know what the probability of a coincidence like this, but isn't it quite obvious to you? It is not a coincidence, it is a Miracle!

The entire family members were convinced that K connected those two together!

It was definitely K's work. I asked him to find his brother a nice girlfriend, you see! 

I do not know what the cute young couple's future is going to be like. But I am so happy to see my son's big smile on his face everyday.

I think it is beautiful that every time the young couple call each other's name, K's name is addressed as well, he is part of their love!

I hear from my boy that they often find  Clover symbols when they spend time together.

"K, you must be with them, right? You always surprise us with a perfect scenario!"

Thank you, K ❤︎





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Solace with K

Birthday Present from K

Is this how you see us here?