49th Day (Shiju Kunichi) -- Sun Rays, Angels' Ladders?

This article was originally posted on September 20th, 2011 πŸ€

March 29th, 2011, was K's Shiju Kunichi (On the 49th Day, in Japan, 
deceased are believed to depart from this world and enter into the land of God ).

We held his Shiju Kunichi memorial service a bit earlier, so I spent the day doing nothing special.

I felt very lonely and sad thinking K's spirit would finally leave this world and travel back to the other world... 

My biggest worry was whether he could go to heaven or not. There is Stigma in Japan, too, that those who ended their own lives may not go to heaven. 
Although K showed me so many miracles, I still was worried for him.

In the evening, I went out for errands, and saw.....


Beautiful Sun Rays beaming through the clouds!

The breathtakingly beautiful sky soothed me but at the same time, I mourned for him and said to myself, "Awww, K must have finally gone  back to that sky.... Isn't his spirit by my side anymore?"

Later that night, my eldest boy came home from work and said excitedly, 

"Listen, mom! I went to Karaoke after work with my colleague, I, of course, sang K's favorite song "365 Days", and guess what happened! My colleague, without knowing anything about K, picked and sang a song called "Clover"

He showed me a photo of the title of the song.

My eldest boy had been feeling left out because K always sent signs and messages to me.

K made sure that his big brother, too,  would receive a sign from him! What a kind soul he is!

K sent yet another surprise to us on the 49th Day. 
His little sister insisted on watching "Pretty Cure" video that evening (Pretty Cure is a Japanese magical girl anime series). 

I reluctantly took out a DVD from the audio shelf and played it for her.
Guess what! I never knew that Trademark Symbol of Pretty Cure is "Clover"!

K showed us miracles on his 49th Day.....







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Solace with K

Birthday Present from K

Is this how you see us here?