Tears

 This article was originally posted on September 5, 2011 🍀

 

On the evening before K's wake (Otsuya), my ex-husband and his girlfriend, myself, my eldest boy, and K's best friend, A, stayed with K at rest, talking and anticipating the ceremony the next day.

 

A few good friends of K had visited during the five days, shed tears with us.

That was a great support for me.

 

K's high school teachers were planning to bring all of his classmates to the wake and the funeral.

 

However, except for my ex-husband, we wanted to make it intimate ceremonies with those who truly loved K.

 

My ex insisted we should not have turned down the offer from school that the entire staff and classmates were attending.

 

I could not help but say to him, "K suffered at school. Don't you remember A was telling the principal the other day that K was bullied by his classmate? Since then

did you hear back anything from them? The school just cares about their position."

 

My Ex abruptly made a phone call to K's homeroom teacher. He inquired, "Have you heard anything from the students?"

 

Teacher replied, "No, not yet..."

 

My Ex-husband snapped, "One of your students did die! I cannot believe you have not even started investigating into the cause. Do not come to the wake and the funeral. If you really want to attend the ceremonies, bring some evidence or hearings from the students!"  After yelling at the teacher, he hung up the phone...

 

After two good hours passed, the school principle called back saying, "Please, please let us attend the wake." He sounded desperate to save his face by coming to the ceremony.

 

We did have more episodes with the school, let me come back to it again in the future.

 

At any rate, we were very disappointed with the school, especially at the attitude of the principal.

 

Late into the night, everybody went home except me. I decided to stay the night with K's body in the coffin. I literally could not sleep even a minute....

 

At sun rise, I looked into K's face to find his right eye full of tears.

 

My eldest boy came back in the morning, I immediately told him about the tears. He was, at first, skeptic.

 

However, it touched his heart when he saw the tears flowing out of K's eight eye. 

He cried out, "Oh my goodness, K, thank you for letting me know. Thank you, thank you!"

 

We later asked the funeral home staff if it was common to see tears in the eyes of someone who have been dead for a few days.

 

He said, "If the person had been gravely ill and on IV infusion, it is possible. However, 17- year-old healthy boy.... I have never seen it."

 

I felt that K was sending us a message that he is in a good place free from all pains. 

 

From that moment on, amazingly, K's facial expression changed to be much calmer. The sides of his mouth lifted up as if he was smiling.

 

That was my K's natural usual face in his sleep.

 

I said, "K, it is time to wake up!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Solace with K

Birthday Present from K

Is this how you see us here?