Miraculous Snowfall

This article was originally posted on Sep 8, 2011 🍀


 Miraculous Snowfall -- 365 Days

 

My eldest boy was asked by the funeral home staff to select one special song for K's ceremonies. So, he went home and looked for songs that were saved in K's computer.

(I got to know all this only after the funeral)

 

He searched and searched in his brother's computer, but could not find anything.

Well, being in a panic and shocked state, his mind was not functioning that day.

 

Time was pressing, my eldest boy decided, regardless of K's liking it or not, to let them play a song that he himself loved, "365 Days" by Mr. Children. Mr. Children is one of the most popular Japanese bands.

 

The song was first played for the wake, but I tried not to pay attention to its lyrics. I was thinking, "What a typical tear jerker! I am not going to cry to this song!"

 

The next day, I remember hearing the same song again during the funeral service.

 

At last, the funeral was over and the final moment of saying goodbye to K was coming close. The crematorium was connected to the funeral hall by an aisle.

 

The heart wrenching moment to see and touch K's physical body for the last time....

 

The coffin was closed and lift up to be carried to the crematorium.

His immediate family members were instructed to follow him, the rest of the guests to send him off alongside the aisle.

 

When they started carrying the coffin toward the door, I was screaming in my mind, "How can I go on living after his body is gone? I cannot face tomorrow. I am scared, too scared of tomorrow without K. No way!"

 

I was barely standing.

 

However, when the funeral hall door was pushed open, a miracle happened. It happed before our eyes. 

 

From the clear blue sky, like cherry blossoms gently scattering, breathtakingly beautiful snow started to fall. Again, it seldom snows in our region.

 

I was walking with K's best friend, A, arm in arm. We both cried, 

"Wow, wow, it is so beautiful!"

 

I was screaming to A, "Look, look! This is incredible! K is amazing! You are too cool, K!"

 

A was crying and watching the snow fall.

 

The guests, too, were very surprised and marveled at the snow falling from the bright sunny sky.

 

We were told later that the snow stopped right after we went into the crematorium and its door shut.

 

Snow fall lasted only for a minute or two.

 

My eldest boy ran to me excitedly and said, "The song, the lyrics came true! It came true!"

 

Not knowing the lyrics or what he was trying to say, I felt that K sent us a message with the snow saying, "I am so sorry everyone. And, thank you for everything!"

Something shifted in my heart, and I could accept the fact that K was OK, he knew where he was going on.

 

After the wake and the funeral, I went home with my husband and daughter.

My eldest boy went with his father to stay at grandmother's.

 

Later that night, my husband and I listened to the song "365 Days."

 

It was a tear jerker with a gorgeous lyrics and melody, however, we froze when the song got to the 2nd verse.

 

The lyrics went,

 "I will always protect your Akari (light, illumination in Japanese) so that even if the candle in your heart gets blown out by the wind, your Akari will light your way eternally."

 

My husband and I held each other's hand and cried out,

"Thank you. Thank you, K!"

 

K did speak through the lyrics!!

 

His little sister's name is, indeed, "Akari."

 

Everything is connected.

 

Here's the lyrics from the other verse:

"Even in a desert, with you, I would live happily with thirst.

When I was daydreaming it, Snow started falling as if someone was shaving

Cotton Candy in the sky.

 

I was told that K's coffin was moved out of the funeral hall right after the verse above played.

 

My husband thought the snow was a miracle, it was like watching a scene from a movie or a music video. 

 

He said, "My soul felt purified when I saw the snow. Everyone else's heart was, in fact, deeply touched by it. K orchestrated and completed his last Five Days in an absolutely amazing way. I am older than him with more life experience, but I do not think I will be capable of creating such a miracle at the end of my life.

K might have been an Angel...."

 

About 150 guests attended K's funeral and witnessed the miraculous snowfall.

They all said, "That snow was a miracle." 

 

As for me, K's love brought me hope for the future.

 

Later, A told my eldest boy that K also loved that song.

 



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C17s81LgPSw


                       ↑                               


"365 Days" By Mr. Children

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Solace with K

Birthday Present from K

Is this how you see us here?