Miracle -- from Snow to Clover 3
This article was originally posted on Sep 14, 2011 🍀
Since K departed from this world, we could feel him through the snow.
K's high school had not being corporative at all in regard to releasing any information, we decided to go through all his note books and notes for any clues for his death. We were going to go over literally everything in his bedroom.
K's room was very clean and well organized, he did not own much.
Everybody contemplated and said, "Just like his simple life style, he did not leave any negative feelings towards anyone or anything."
Surprisingly, just as we said that, fluffy white snow, similar to the cotton candy snow we witnessed during his funeral, started to fall outside the room.
We were convinced that was another sign from K saying, "Thank you" to all of us. Watching the beautiful snowfall uplifted our heavy grieving hearts.
This was not the only occasion after his funeral, we have had several snowfalls lately, which, again, is very rare for the western region of Japan.
My best friends, "Mom Rangers", were planning for a surprise gift for me then. It was a specialty Mobile Phone Strap hand crafted by a famous designer in Yokohama. Unfortunately, Yokohama is two hours by bullet train, and the store would not ship items.
When one of the friends clicked the store website, there was an announcement saying that they were going to open a temporary booth in a department store in our town, Osaka, for one week from March 9th!
On the 9th morning, after dropping off her daughter at kindergarten, one of the friends went out to get the mobile strap for me.
Another one stayed with me at my house so that the surprise would not be caught.
After picking up my daughter at kindergarten, I put her in my bicycle child carrier and was ready to ride home.
However, my bike's kickstand would not lift!
"What do I do? I can't go home! Today is K's first monthly anniversary after his death!" I was panicked and lost.
That was when one of the friends came running to me and handed me a paper bag saying, "Here! This is a gift for you from four of us!" She, then, left to pick up her child.
I opened the bag and saw a beautiful bouquet of flowers inside. I immediately thought they got the bouquet for K's anniversary. (In Japan, we lay flowers, food and drinks at a grave or memorial altar to honor the loved one's soul on monthly anniversary day).
Another friend came running to me when I was struggling with the kickstand. Surprisingly, when she reached to me, it lifted with one kick!
I said, "I am going to bring my bike to a repair shop just in case", thanked her and left.
There was really nothing wrong with my bike, they put lubrication oil on the kickstand.
I finally got home safely and looked inside the paper bag one more time, there was a mobile strap with a card from them.
When I think back, the kickstand was stuck for a reason. If I had left kindergarten earlier, my friend would not have been able to give me the gift.
Comments
Post a Comment
Please leave a comment