Little Sister
This article was originally posted on September 8, 2011 🍀
K and his little sister were 13 years apart.
When I got pregnant with my girl, I was afraid that, being a teenager, K might not welcome the news. To my surprise, he looked forward very much to seeing his little sister.
My shy daughter takes time to open up to anyone, however, she loved K ever since she was an infant. Whenever K visited us, she would not leave him alone.
Sorting through K's pictures, I found so many photos in which K and his sister were sticking their happy cheeks together.
Those photos reminded me how much K loved her and cared about her.
K's best friend, A, also said to me, "K always bragged about his cute little sister."
When I received that sudden emergency call, I, in a panic, was not capable of thinking of my girl. I took her with me to the viewing of K's body.
The four-year-old had to face her beloved brother's death that day, she was naturally traumatized and became mentally unstable for a while.
I could not think of anyone but K. Until the night of the wake, I left my daughter at home with my husband.
Last Christmas, K gave his sister a present.
It was a Teddy Bear in pink color...
My girl was not a big fan of stuffed animals, she did not care much about them.
So, I was surprised to see her falling in love with the Teddy Bear. She would take it everywhere with her and sleep with it at night.
When I reported that to K, he became all smiles.
The pink Teddy Bear that my girl loved so much....
She brought it with her to the wake, but in the waiting lounge, she suddenly threw the Teddy Bear and started sobbing.
I heard her crying out,
"I don't want the Teddy Bear anymore. I want my K back!"
She may have felt that she was given the stuffed animal in place of her brother....
It only happened once. She has been with her Teddy Bear all the time ever since.
Beloved big brother, K.... And K loved his little sister dearly.
K sent a message of his love for his sister through a song.
Through the song we played during the wake and the funeral....
Comments
Post a Comment
Please leave a comment