During the Five Days - 3

 This article was originally posted on September 2, 2011🍀


K and his best friend A were middle school classmates.

However, they got really close after they graduated from middle school.

Here is the story A told me.

K went to a high school, within his K-12 program, with most of his middle school classmates. (A decided to attend a different high school) One of his old classmates started bullying K by pulling others apart from him.

When K was chatting with someone, the bully would quietly walk over and threaten, "Do not talk to him, he is my friend." He also spread negative rumors about K behind his back.

Unfortunately, A was bullied by the same boy in middle school...

A said to me "He is very good at manipulating others' psychology to isolate one person. His bullying is insidious."

Both K and A were good looking and friendly, they were naturally very popular with girls. It is easy to assume that the bully was envious and jealous of them.

I do not think being bullied was the only reason or cause for K's suicide.

Yes, it could have been a trigger for it, however, I do not want to believe that K lost his life to the bully.

K started skipping school because it was not fun. Being a teen, he did not want to reach out to his parents for help...(specially me who lived apart). At one point, his attendance was not enough for the school year. Growing fear of failing school, fear of making his parents sad by repeating a year..... Those too were the triggers, I think.

We later found a note in K's mobile phone written "If I have to repeat a year, I will die."

K, I am so so sorry..... As your mom, I did not notice any pains in your heart. On the contrary, I was asking you lots of insensitive questions about college preparation.

I am sorry, I failed as a mom...

How could I not pick up even a little pain in your heart then.

According to A, K said to A sometimes in a jokingly fashion, "If I die, go find N and punch him!"

In fact, the day after K passed away, A met with N, asked him if he had any recognition for what he had done, then punched him hard.

A punched with regrets that he could not prevent his best friend's death.

I know that K's death hurt A a lot too.... 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Solace with K

Birthday Present from K

Is this how you see us here?