A Sudden Call

 This article was originally written and posted in my Japanese blog on Aug 30, 2011🍀


Currently, I live with my second husband and our four-year-old daughter.


My two sons, 22 year-old and 17 year-old from my first marriage, were living with their father when the tragic event occurred.


On weekends and holidays, my boys would come over to my house to play with their sister. They both loved her so much, especially my second son, “K”. He had a very special bond with her.


Three days before “that” day, my boys came over to spend a night with us. We all had a great time. I saw them off at the station the next day. I will never forget K’s beaming smile as he waved at me going through the ticket gate.

His last smile I saw...


On the night of Feb 9th, I received a sudden call from my ex-husband....


His trembling voice said,

“K committed suicide.”

I lost myself and started screaming “What happened! What happened!”


My eldest son asked me to get over to their house immediately.

I put myself together and called my husband at work.  


My little girl did not seem to understand what was happening.


While waiting for my husband to drive home, I frantically paced back and forth in the family room.


On the way to my ex’s house, I had the immense urge to see K and equally immense fear to face him. All I did was to hold my girl tightly on my lap, in the passenger seat.


“What happened to you, K?”

“You seemed well in my eyes.

Why? Why?”


Even now, when I look back on that day, my heart starts to pound and my whole body shakes.





 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Solace with K

Birthday Present from K

Is this how you see us here?